Sunday, January 30, 2011

Nevaeh's Hope


I'm so excited about getting involved with this organization. They are centered on bring love to those who have been forgotten: single mothers and single fathers.
I hope to bring some really great ideas and to be a part of organizing a run/walk for them.


This will be a journey that requires patience and strong reliance on Christ. It is so easy to say yes to everything, but I know I need to find time to be filled also. I always get excited about new adventures, but sometimes that zeal dies when hit with a difficult time.

This passion of serving single mothers came 5 years ago, just before my niece was born. Pregnancy can be such a beautiful time, but when it is met with no support, it can be a nightmare. Luckily, my niece was born into a family that loved her dearly, despite the circumstances. It made me think of those who have unplanned pregnancies and the loneliness they must feel. I want to be a mentor or just a friend.

We could always use another person in our life that will bring us support, comfort, accountability and time.


Do you have any passions to love and serve others? If so, how are you doing that? If not, what is holding you back?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave ♥ LOVE ♥ notes here!