Monday, April 14, 2014

Book Review: Run Like a Mother

Book Review: Run Like A Mother 
by Dimity McDowell and Sarah Bowen Shea


This is a wonderful book....no INCREDIBLE! Even if you aren't a huge fan of running, this is still a great read. It was a super fun book, filled with antidotal stories and inspirational sayings. One thing I really liked about the book was the format. It has 26 chapters, each having a .2 little quip. It discusses topics from diet, pregnancy, trail running, running with an injury, and the essentials to wear on race day.
I never knew I could love running more, until I read this book. Both Shea and McDowell have different views of running (Shea like me is competitive, where as McDowell focuses more on the journey and process.) I enjoyed both of their perspectives and how to be both a mother and a marathoner was truly inspiring. 

I recommend this to anyone who enjoys running and participates in races. Its an easy and very enjoyable read. 


Naturally I give this book an 6 out of 5 because it was AMAZING!!

They also have Train Like a Mother, which is high on my to-read list



Also visit Another Mother Runner, Shea and McDowell's fun website. 

 photo Picture9.png 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave ♥ LOVE ♥ notes here!