Monday, November 17, 2014

Purposeful Play With Your Toddler: Food


______________________________________________________________________________


Last week we focused on food! I thought it was appropriate as we enter into this holiday season :).

Here were a few items I got off of Teacher Pay Teachers
Food Color Book (I made Lilly 2 books. One book she could color as she wished, the second I had her color the pictures with the corresponding color)
Food Matching (I printed 2 copies of this activity. I cut a cereal box open and adhered one copy to the box. I cut the other copy and allowed her to match them up.)
Food Vocabulary We use a lot of vocabulary cards will Little Miss. We have her say the cards and put them in a cup, bowl, bag. It's a great way of building her vocabulary and helping her combine two words. I have her say the name of the picture (milk) and what she is doing with it (in). I will most of the time say in and she places it in a bag/bowl/cup.

Here are the books we got at the library.

We definitely favor board books in our home. The Very Hungry Catepillar was by far the favorite this week. 1.2.3...peas was a close second. 

I love this book. It's such a creative way of introducing new foods.
This book is a wonderful story, but a bit long for Little Miss.

Some other fun ideas is to go on a picnic, try a new food, food stamping.

Let me know if you try any of these.



Are theme verse was from Matthew 4:4: Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.


This week is TURKEYS.

Check out and Enter our sweet GIVEAWAY!

 photo Picture9.png 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave ♥ LOVE ♥ notes here!