Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Yummy: Homemade Apple Sauce

We have 5 apple trees on the property where we live. We have Granny Smith, Pink Lady, Gala, and a sort of Fuji tasting apple. There were so many this year, so I froze several bags. I read that you should freeze them after you peel them and chop them. But I just froze them whole. Then I use the sink faucet and with cold water would rinse the apple so it wasn't so frozen. Then I peel the apple. I got our knife wet and cut the apple around the core. Four giant pieces per apple. I put them all in the crock pot with about 1/2 cup water, 1/4 cup raw sugar and about 4-5 tablespoons of cinnamon. I mix the cinnamon and sugar together first. I left it on high for about 3 hours and then on low for about 10. Although when it is done it looks a little uninviting...it tastes like pie filling. So yummy and delicious and relatively healthy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave ♥ LOVE ♥ notes here!