Thursday, May 3, 2012

Happiness Project Inspiration


So far...this book is incredible. Gretchen Rubin outlines 12 virtues to practice thoroughout the year. Here are the ones she has chosen:
Vitality, Marriage, Work, Parenthood, Leisure, Friendship, Money, Eternity, Books, Midfulness,  Attitude and Happiness.
For each of these she outlines small resolutions to accompany them. 
She has also created 12 commandments to live by:

1. Be Gretchen
2. Let it go
3. Act the way I want to feel.
4. Do it now
5. Be polite and be fair. 
6. Enjoy the process
7. Spend out
8. Identify the problem
9. Lighten up
10. Do what ought to be done.
11. No calculation
12. There is only one love.

I have thought of a few things to focus on that have become distractions in my life and are always put on the back-burner. I feel regret when I don't accomplish these:

Each day:
Work on blog
Read my Bible
Exercise
Be still for five minutes
one minute rule (in Gretchen's book)
ten minute tidying (also in Gretchen's book)
talk/meet with someone
smile intentionally
write a sentence (or more) each day in my journal
take a picture

Long term:
Create community (moms, mentor, family group, church)
Write a book
Belong to a book club
Invest in getting more publicity on blog


I'm almost on chapter 4 of The Happiness Project so this is just a rough draft. 
I'm so excited about it!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave ♥ LOVE ♥ notes here!