Tuesday, October 8, 2013

13.1 QUICK MILES

Welp... another half under my belt.
The 9th annual Urban Cow Run.

It was so much fun. I was able to meet up with some ladies from the local chapter of Moms Run This Town. It was great. I started my first two miles with them and then headed off. The course was really nice. Beautiful and similar to the course I ran in March. It wound through neighborhoods, the mall, and by the river. Very nice. I'm not sure if it was my pace or the course but it went by quick. I remember looking at mile 3 and thinking "Am I gonna make it at this pace." With all the cheering and my hubby sending me encouraging texts, I knew I could.

1 hour and 48 minutes later I sprinted to end!! I BEAT MY TIME!!! Not a PR, but a PR for post baby and boy am I counting it!!

We also got super cute medals...they were cowbells.

It reminded me of not giving up. Throughout the course I was reminded of how strong we are. How physically demanding this was, but how rewarding it is. I learned to appreciate my strength and acknowledge my weaknesses (my knees). I find that I am still competitive, but am so eager to cheer others on throughout the course. I find that in life I am much the same. Impatient with others for their lack of drive, but wanting them desperately to succeed. Mad that they haven't sen their worth, but learning to let them find it and not be pushy.

Its a fine line.

Running has been such a blessing to me. And although most of the times I'm not enthused about it, I do it anyway because I know how I will feel at the end.

I sometimes wish we all had that drive. Or that I have it in moments of stress. Let it go and enjoy the ride. Be great-full for what I have been blessed with.


 photo mrshurleysig_zpsc691af36.png
  Follow Hurley Love on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave ♥ LOVE ♥ notes here!