Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Book Review: Fin and Lady

If I haven't said it enough, I love the library. I am such a book nerd. When do I have time for all this reading and running?! Early mornings and late evenings, I suppose. I used to be such a book lover that I'd spend most of my money on books instead of clothes or fun trips. I just couldn't get enough. But I realized that most of those books just sat on a shelf. So to the library I went, which has become even more fun as our library offers children's programs. Lil has so much fun at them.

So usually when I look for a new book, I go online and search there "New to Collection" section. I have to wait a few weeks for books to come in, as they are so popular. 

That is how I stumbled upon Fin and Lady.


This book was wonderful to read. I love books that focus on relationships. Fin and Lady was a relationship that is so unique, I was constantly trying to make sense of it through the book. Both characters, though they are very different, are colorful and likeable. 
A great thing about this book is that it goes through the historical periods of the 50-70's. Its as though you are watching a film. Schine does a great job of descriptive language and creating dynamic characters with an emotional plot. 
Tears were shed. And I may have laughed a few times too.

A wonderful read and quick too.

I gave this book 4 out 5 hearts.

Check this book out along with others from your local library!


 photo mrshurleysig_zpsc691af36.png 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave ♥ LOVE ♥ notes here!