Friday, February 21, 2014

Fitness Friday: Guess Where I am


Happy Friday!
Sorry I was gone last week. I really haven't been much of a blogger lately. I've been so busy with teaching, and training, and studying. Studying for what you ask?! I've decided to go ahead with the Group Fitness Certification and go in that direction of teaching. Of course this is only very part time and is more of an outlet for me than a "job." Although teaching isn't really a "job" for me either because I LOVE IT! I love my team and my school and my students!!

I decided to get certified for a few reasons. After having Lilly (almost 2 years ago, yikes) I talked and bonded with a few women who were looking to get healthy and back in shape. It eas so fun to encourage and hold each other accountable. I really do love encouraging and educating people about health and fitness. This really seems like the best of both worlds. I also am a fitness and health nut and love reading about the "new anti-oxidant" or "superfood." I love challenging and training myself.

So today I head over to California Family Fitness and get certified. I am both confident and nervous. I know I've studied hard to pass the test and worked on my routine (several times). But I just don't know exactly what to expect. That is hard for me...to let go and just do it!

Have you been AFAA certified?

Here was my week in fitness:
Saturday: 14 miles
Sunday: Yoga
Monday:4 miles, Arms and Abs
Tuesday: 8 miles, Yoga
Wednesday: REST
Thursday: 5 miles, Sunset Stretch on Beach Babe DVD by TOne It Up
Friday: REST (but I'm thinking I might do a little HIIT)

Welp, wish me luck! I'll give a full report in the next coming weeks. I won't find out for 4-6 weeks after the test. Boo!






 photo mrshurleysig_zpsc691af36.png
  Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave ♥ LOVE ♥ notes here!