Monday, November 11, 2013

Reason for a Name Change


I've had this little old blog now for 7 years and I thought it was time for a name change. Hurley Love was just not well thought out. I didn't have a plan for where I wanted this blog to go. It was mostly just an online diary that help me keep track of wedding planning. But now that I have taken blogging more serious, I have found what I am interested in blogging about: family, fitness, and faith.



I settled on Mommyhood and Marathons, partially because I love alliterations. I loved the word mommyhood and feels like that describes the phase I'm in. Despite the want to be a mother, I would much rather be a mommy. That word has so much youth and innocence in it. I feel such a raw emotion when I hear the word 'mommy.' I was so thrilled when Lil first said mom, but I cannot wait for her to utter mommy. A word that is used for endearment, love, in moments of joy and pain. Maybe mother is too old fashioned for me, but there is a distinct difference between the word mother and mommy, at least for me. So I arrived on that as part of the title.

And despite the fact that I haven't completed an official marathon, I have 3 halfs under my belt and have finally come to a place where I wanted to try to train for a marathon. Maybe not this month, or the next, but sometime. My crazy obsession with fitness really began when I found a love for running. But after having Lil, I wanted my body to reflect my new phase of mommyhood. I wanted to be able to run and play with my kids. I wanted to be strong and a good role model of health.


So here there is how I arrived at the new name. I believe that it will bring great inspirations and allow me to better represent what this blog is about: family, faith, and fitness.

How did you arrive at your blog name? Did you think about it?
 photo mrshurleysig_zpsc691af36.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave ♥ LOVE ♥ notes here!