Saturday, December 21, 2013

Book Review: The Rosie Project

The Rosie Project Book Review


I LOVE books!!! Just ask my husband. I went through a phase where all I wanted was books. Non fiction, fiction, and trilogies OH MY!!

It's not until I finished this book had I found a new favorite. My latest favorite was When Love Walked In by Marisa De Los Santos. An incredible read. Lovely characters, a thrilling story. That boon will forever be my favorite. But then I met Don. 

What a wonderful character so real I felt like I knew him. And Rosie, a woman I'd wish to have coffee with. 

The story is about a professor, who social awkwardness is the both comic relief and the heartache in the story. He is determined to find a mate by creating a survey for women to fill out. He has it perfected, knowing exactly the women who answered these questions correctly would be his match. But what he finds is unimaginable  and certainly unacceptable in Don's eyes. But it is love and true love isn't always what we thought it was.

I fell in love with this story because the characters seemed so real. I loved that Simison highlights their flaws in such an endearing way. I seem to also have a love for characters with Asperger's. For instance, I loved the stories: The Curious Incidents of the Dog in the Nighttime by Mark Haddon, Loser by Jerry Spinelli, and Rules by Cynthia Lord. These book sall have characters who are on the spectrum. I also LOVED the movie Mozart and the Whale!!! And who isn't a fan of the classic Rain Man. 

Anyway, the main character Don is so lovable and real, it was hard for me to believe I wasn't going to run into him while walking down the street. Simison does a beautiful job creating a story that is so real and beautiful!

A MUST READ!!!
6 out of 5 hearts. I mean it is that GOOD!


 photo mrshurleysig_zpsc691af36.png 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave ♥ LOVE ♥ notes here!