Saturday, March 22, 2014

The Daunting Night Before a Race

Since the beginning of the year, I decided to commit myself to accomplisheing the MARATHON!!! At first this idea seemed like a challenge, but no more that what I accomplished when I set out to do a half marathon. 

However, the hours of running, though I enjoy a schedule, its really taken alot away from family time. I'm sure that I will still run marathons in the future, but right now, with much on my plate, this was too much!!

I ended up cutting some of my training short, with my longest run being 21 miles and last week. I skipped the taper week. I know that your legs need to be fresh for a race...but I;m not running one.

What I mean is that tomorrow I will set out and run 26.2 alone, with just my family to cheer me on. My only reason for this was that there were no local 26.2 races, and I wasn't about to let all my training go to waste. 

So instead I decided to create a route that had helped me train for races before. Most of my long runs dealt with running in circles (totally boring), so as a treat I'm running around all my favorite routes. I'm really excited about this! I know that I created a beautiful path, so it will be great to see how it turns out.

I'm not focused on a time. It'd be great to finish in 4:30, 4:00 would be better, but I know that that I won't have the competition of others to keep me motivated.


Anyways wish me luck.

I'll be sharing all about it next week.

Here is my race attire.

Should I make a race bib?
Any ideas what I should enjoy after the race?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave ♥ LOVE ♥ notes here!