Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Yummy Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes

Being the health nut that I am, I'm always on the lookout for vegan, low sugar sweets. But most of the time I find vegan or gluten free this to be loaded with sugar. This makes me upset.
I received a cupcake recipe book at my shower and came across a recipe for Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes. 

The first time I made these I didn't add sugar. The second time I cut it in half, which was still a whopping cup for 12 cupcakes. I noticed that the first batch was more cocoa-y and the second batch was much tastier, as my husband ate a few (That is a HUGE victory!).

Here is my adaptation to the recipe found in 500 Cupcakes:

Dry Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
4 TBSP of cocoa
Pinch of Salt

Wet Ingredients:
1/2 cup applesauce (I used an organic TreeTop apple sauce pouch)
2 cups cold water
2 tsp of white vinegar
2 tsp of baking soda

Additional: 1/2 cup Ghiradelli 60% dark chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine dry ingredients in large bowl, wet ingredients in medium bowl. Then combine the wet with the dry ingredients and add 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips. 
Spray muffin tins. Add cupcake mixture to muffin tins, about 2/3 full. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes before removing.

Enjoy!

Do you have a fun vegan recipe?
 photo mrshurleysig_zpsc691af36.png 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave ♥ LOVE ♥ notes here!