Soup Season is here!!
Well maybe I jumped the gun...it's still been in the 90's lastely. but I couldn't resist busting out my Vitamix and some yummy recipes.
This one I found in my Vitamix Recipe Book that came when we received our Vitamix.
It's an interesting combination of ingredients, but I sure loved it!!
2 Granny Smith Apples chopped
2 Cups of Chicken Broth
2 T of White Wine
2 Large Potatoes, scrubbed and baked
1 celery stalk
1/4 t dried thyme
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place all ingredients (except cheese) in the blender.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and quickly increase speed to Variable 10, then High.
- Blend for 6-7 minutes or until heavy steam starts to escape from the top.
- Reduce speed to Variable 4, and add cheese.
- Blend for an additional 15 seconds.
- Enjoy with some Sourdough Bread.
I really enjoyed the consistency and taste of this soup. Although the combination of purple onion and white wine was a little tart. I might experiment with less.
Hope You enjoy!!
This recipe was found in Vitamix Create Recipe Book.
What is your favorite soup?
Follow Mommyhood and Marathons with Bloglovin