Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Take Out Tuesday: Harvest Soup


Soup Season is here!!

Well maybe I jumped the gun...it's still been in the 90's lastely. but I couldn't resist busting out my Vitamix and some yummy recipes.


This one I found in my Vitamix Recipe Book that came when we received our Vitamix.

It's an interesting combination of ingredients, but I sure loved it!!

Ingredients:
2 Granny Smith Apples chopped
2 Cups of Chicken Broth
2 T of White Wine
1/4 Onion
2 Large Potatoes, scrubbed and baked
1 celery stalk
1/4 t dried thyme
1/4t nutmeg
Pinch pepper
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

  • Place all ingredients (except cheese) in the blender.
  • Select Variable 1.
  • Turn machine on and quickly increase speed to Variable 10, then High.
  • Blend for 6-7 minutes or until heavy steam starts to escape from the top.
  • Reduce speed to Variable 4, and add cheese.
  • Blend for an additional 15 seconds.
  • Enjoy with some Sourdough Bread.



I really enjoyed the consistency and taste of this soup. Although the combination of purple onion and white wine was a little tart. I might experiment with less.

Hope You enjoy!!
This recipe was found in Vitamix Create Recipe Book.

What is your favorite soup?







 photo Picture9.png Follow Mommyhood and Marathons with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave ♥ LOVE ♥ notes here!