Wednesday, September 17, 2014

My 4 AM Wake Up Call


I don’t know if you are an early bird, but I sure am. The past few weeks I’ve made the decision to wake up around 4:30am. Some mornings are better than others. I know 4AM, ARE  YOU CRAZY?! Yes, I probably as ridiculously crazy. But I’ll tell you my reasoning for this choice.

  1. I am able to wake up slowly without feeling rushed. I only work early on Tuesdays, but I was beginning to hate the feeling of hear Little Miss over the monitor crying, but I panic and then feel sluggish all day long.
  2. I am able to get in my me time. This is such a bonus for me. Most days I would wait until naptime to get my workouts in, or maybe get to my daily Bible reading. But now, I start my day with reading the Bible, my cup of coffee and workout. 
  3. My days, I feel more energy and am able to get more done. I’ve been working on not workouts out TOO much lately, and so I’ve been trying to use naptime to get in my housework or some reading to just take some slow down time. I am always going. It may be the fact that I feel guilty if I’m not being proactive and doing something productive. So this 4 am wake up call is selfish. Its time for me to begin slowing down and set my day up.
  4. I feel like a better person. I’m going to bed earlier, when I’m tired and not feeling restless at night and my body is beginning to wake up around 4 am naturally. I don’t know how that is natural, but I’m still getting 6.5 hours of sleep. Sometimes, like today I will probably need a cat nap because I’ll be running a bit more today. That seems to be a little taxing on my body.

So how do you fit it all in? 
Do you make time to have some ‘me’ time? 
Are you a morning bird or night owl?




 photo Picture9.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave ♥ LOVE ♥ notes here!