Thursday, September 4, 2014

Reading Review: SPARTAN UP!


SPARTAN UP! by Joe De Sena
I've been eagerly awaiting the arrival of this book! The concept of being a 'Spartan,' was one that intrigued me. Following countless accounts on Instagram, I was inspired by the toughness that this crowd brought. I first discovered Spartan Races from watching Extreme Makeover Weightloss, where Chris Powell inspired one of the contestants to do  a race. WOW!! That was totally inspiring. Then came this movement, or uprising of Spartans. I heard more about local races, bloggers were in on it, and soon I found myself doing their 30 day challenge.

So naturally I wanted to know how this idea of being a "SPARTAN' came about.

SHOCKING!! Joe De Sena is a hardcore, craxy man. I mean that in the highest form of flattery. He is truly an inspiration. It is his constant drive and focus that really makes want to be a part of this community. And he embodies the whole health concept, by living on a farm.

This book was different that what I anticipated. I thought there might be a few chapters on how to achieve a Spartan body. You won't find that here. This book solely focuses on the history and ispiration that makes up the Spartan community. From inspiring stories from participants and advice on how a Spartan operates, this book makes you wanna enjoy burpees.
Check it out!! It's a quick read that is bound to be followed by a quick workout!!

I hopeful that I too will be able to participate in what seems like a HARDCORE challenge, it's right up my alley. It isn't just physical challenges, but mental as well.


Have you read this book? Are you a Spartan?




 photo Picture9.png 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave ♥ LOVE ♥ notes here!