Thursday, August 22, 2013

Book Review: Help, Thanks, Wow


I SERIOUSLY love Anne Lamott! She is a talented writer. I love that she holds nothing back. I love too how personal and transparent her books are. Even though she is a Christian, she shares it in a non offensive way and validates everyone, especially in this book.

She focuses on three types of prayer. The 'Help,' The 'Thanks,' and The 'Wow' prayer. Even though many of us use more than one word when we are praying or our memories of prayer are long and lengthy, they can usually be boiled down into these three categories.

This short book is full of laughter, joy, and happiness. It is such a wonderful and refreshing read. I really love the chapter on Thanks and Wow because not often am I expressing those to God. I often find myself in the HELP category, always running to Him when I am in need (also I kinda love that Anne refers to God a 'she').

Great read and you'll be through it in no time.

6 hearts for this beaut!!


Have you read an Anne Lamott book? What are your thoughts on prayer?




 photo mrshurleysig_zpsc691af36.png 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave ♥ LOVE ♥ notes here!