Sunday, July 15, 2012

A Spot of Bother- Book on CD

I've been listening to books on tape lately and it has been wonderful!

It is definitely different. I have a hard time listening as I always want to do something else.

I began with Mark Haddon's A Spot of Bother. I have read his The Curious Incident of the Dog at Night, which I loved. 

This book was great too. Awesome character development. It follows a family in England and all their disfunctions. The husband is an old man convinced he is dying of cancer. The wife is having an affair with her husband's former work partner. The daughter is struggling to decide to get married or not. And the son is gay also trying to figure out his love life. It is very interesting, but very good. Several times I was caught with my mouth open!


I give it 4 out of 5 only because I had a hard time listening, but very very good.



2 comments:

  1. hi, coming via the Monday Mingle bloghop. thanks for the review. I liked his first book too. I still haven't jumped on the audio book bandwagon yet though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Audiobooks are challenging, but I think I am getting the hang of it:) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Leave ♥ LOVE ♥ notes here!