Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Cocoa Coconut Macaroons

I LOVE MACAROONS!!


Even though this is a low fat recipe...its totally full of sugar...sorry.

I used my Betty Crocker Recipe Book and made some adjustments.


Ingredients
2 egg whites
1/2 t of vanilla
2/3 cup Organic Coconut Sugar (Madhava is the brand I use)
2 T of Cocoa
2/3 cup shredded sweetened coconut

Preheat oven to 375. In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites and vanilla until soft peaks form (when you lift the beaters a peak should form, but fall, not stick straight up). Begin incorporating about a Tablesoppon of sugar at a time. Continue until all sugar is incorporated. Then add the cocoa 1 Tablespoon at a time. Continue till hard peaks form (when you lift the beater, it should stick straight up.) Fold in coconut. Use an ice cream scooper to measure out cookies. Place about 2 inches apart. Bake for about 20 minutes (please check as all ovens are different). I like mine gooey.


Enjoy!!!



 photo mrshurleysig_zpsc691af36.png

4 comments:

  1. YUM! I love macaroons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ME too! But these aren't those cute little sandwich ones. WHy do they have the same name?! Its confusing :)

      Delete
  2. Oh yum! I love everything chocolate and coconut. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think anyone would eat them, but they were consumed instantly.

      Delete

Leave ♥ LOVE ♥ notes here!