Monday, February 25, 2013

Yoga: Things I'm Loving

On this edition of Things I'm Loving, I'm sharing my favorite Yoga-esque things :)



...umm she is phenomenal. I love her yoga, both challenging and simple. She has great clean eating tips to. Please check her out. You will love her yoga classes. This one is my favorite:

Check her out on You Tube and Twitter

Yoga Mat
Hot Yoga
Chair Pose
This pose is a killer thigh/leg workout. I love it because it BURNS so good! There are a few variations I like also. Chair Pose on tippy toes or Twisting Chair Pose.
This pose is great for strengthening hip flexors, legs, and thighs. 

Triangle Pose
When I first began yoga, I could do without this pose. All the yoga teachers repeated over and over how it was their favorite pose. WHAT?! It hurts and I really didn't believe I would ever enjoy it, but I do. I really do love any pose that works your hips, especially since giving birth :)
This pose is great for:
  • Stretches legs, muscles around the knee, ankle joints, hips, groin muscles, hamstrings, calves, shoulders, chest and spine
  • Strengthens legs, knees, ankles, abdominals, obliques and back
  • Stimulates function of abdominal organs
  • Relieves stress
  • Improves digestion and constipation
  • Helps to alleviate back pain and symptoms of menopause
  • Used therapeutically for anxiety, infertility, neck pain and sciatica 
(compliments of active.com)


Yogis on Twitter:


 photo mrshurleysig_zpsc691af36.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave ♥ LOVE ♥ notes here!