On this edition of Things I'm Loving, I'm sharing my favorite Yoga-esque things :)
...umm she is phenomenal. I love her yoga, both challenging and simple. She has great clean eating tips to. Please check her out. You will love her yoga classes. This one is my favorite:
This pose is a killer thigh/leg workout. I love it because it BURNS so good! There are a few variations I like also. Chair Pose on tippy toes or Twisting Chair Pose.
This pose is great for strengthening hip flexors, legs, and thighs.
When I first began yoga, I could do without this pose. All the yoga teachers repeated over and over how it was their favorite pose. WHAT?! It hurts and I really didn't believe I would ever enjoy it, but I do. I really do love any pose that works your hips, especially since giving birth :)
This pose is great for:
- Stretches legs, muscles around the knee, ankle joints, hips, groin muscles, hamstrings, calves, shoulders, chest and spine
- Strengthens legs, knees, ankles, abdominals, obliques and back
- Stimulates function of abdominal organs
- Relieves stress
- Improves digestion and constipation
- Helps to alleviate back pain and symptoms of menopause
- Used therapeutically for anxiety, infertility, neck pain and sciatica
(compliments of active.com)
Yogis on Twitter: