Monday, February 11, 2013

Coconut: What I'm Loving


If you've been locked in a basement the past year, this information may be new to you. Coconut is totally IN!

Which probably means in 6 months it will be OUT, but it has so many benefits, I'm gonna ignore the FAD instinct our culture places on food ( Remember ACAI?!)

I first fell in love with coconut water and then it was all down hill from there. Coconut sugar is my new favorite and I am hoping to have some coconut flour recipes up soon :)

Coconut oil: What can't this  be used for. Hair, skin, cooking, baking, you name it, coconut oil has been suggested to use. I love the smell of this when used as a lotion.


Coconut flakes: I really like the organic unsweetened flakes, it makes me feel healthier when I eat it. I've added it to my homemade granola and its delicious. Great addition to smoothies.

Coconut sugar: Madhava is the brand I use. It's organic and just under 5 bucks at Walmart. It has a light toasted flavor. I use it in baking and in my morning cup o joe.


Coconut water: full of potassium and electrolytes, a wonderful post workout recovery drink. My favorite brand is Naked. It's super refreshing and best enjoyed chill. Not everyone enjoys its sweet taste, but it is a splendid treat.

Coconut flour: the texture of this flour is VERY unique. It smells like coconut but has a grainy, sandy texture, like brown rice flour. It is gluten free, which is a nice perk.

What is your favorite way to enjoy coconut?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave ♥ LOVE ♥ notes here!