Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Oat Protein Pancakes

I've never been a breakfast eater. Food seems to upset my tummy in the morning. And I didn't even like breakfast type foods: pancakes, waffles, eggs, breakfast burritos, omelettes, none of it.

Until I had Lilly. Now I enjoy eggs and breakfast foods. So weird?!

Here is a recipe I found and tried to make a bit healthier:

1/2 cups white flour
1/2 cups wheat flour
2 1/2 cups rolled oats
1 1/2 t of baking powder
1/2 t of salt
2T of Turbinado sugar
3 heaping Tablespoons of Fage yogurt
2cups Almond milk
2 egg whites

Combine dry ingredients. Add milk, eggs, yogurt in that order, stirring/incorporating after each is added.

Set burner to 3-4 (or medium-low heat) cook for about 1 minute on each side ( a pancake is ready to flip when you can see holes)

Enjoy with fruit or jam!!

Each pancake is about 150 calories per 1/3 cup wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave ♥ LOVE ♥ notes here!