Friday, February 22, 2013

Fitness Week 8

Where did all this chocolate come from?!!

Okay so this week, I've eaten just a little too much chocolate. 

But you know what. I haven't eaten too much.

I've been doing a lot of fitness and health reading and much of what I learned is to NOT be afraid of food.

If I view chocolate as an enemy, then I am really more likely to eat it. But if I enjoy it occasionally, I am less likely to overindulge. Now I know its not good for you, but I'm kinda at my wits end with my eating regiment.

Let me get a little real with you.... if I may.

I realize that I am a control freak. This presents itself in many ways. 

My weight
My looks
My parenting
My marriage
My friendships
My relationship with God
MY LIFE!!!

So here I am saying "Girl, give it up." or in the case of chocolate "Girl, eat it!!"

I really am a FIRM believer in clean eating, juicing, fruits and veggies, and fitness. 

But I'm not perfect and I gotta stop giving myself pats on the back when I think I am.


Okay enough about that already!!


I do want to say on Tuesday, Lauryn Evarts from The Skinny Confidential, shares her journey to fitness. I love her and think she is a great resource of living healthy.

Here is how my week in fitness went :)

Saturday: 90 minutes Bikram Hot Yoga 
Sunday: 14 mile run (I'm ready for that half marathon :)
Monday: 30 minute yoga, 30 minute yoga (I didn't finish it all)
Tuesday:

Thursday: 7 mile run; Tone it Up Barre Workout
Friday: (planned) run and maybe some yoga

I've been trying to get as much info as I can about health and fitness. I will have a couple posts up about the books I'm reading. 

Are there any that you recommend?







 photo mrshurleysig_zpsc691af36.png

2 comments:

  1. Hannah...I am such a control freak too. Its one of the things I struggle with most in life. And like you, I also LOOOOOVE me some chocolate and realized a long time ago that if I totally cut it out...I find myself craving it day in, and day out. And then when I do finally take a delicious bite...I end up binging. After my diet bet is over, I can't wait to get back on track with maintaining and eating for health and not for weightloss. Know what I mean?? Well thanks for linking up sweetie!! Cant wait to hear about these books. I just bought one called, "The First 20 Minutes" and I think it would be right up your alley. I will let you know what I think :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way about food. I tell myself everything in moderation. If I want something I eat it. I just control my portions and if its really bad just have a bite or two. I'll have to check out some of those books.

    ReplyDelete

Leave ♥ LOVE ♥ notes here!