Thursday, May 23, 2013

Book Review: The Skinny Rules

This is by far the EASIEST read I have read since starting these book reviews.

Super simple and easy to follow tips...well they are difficult, but easy to remember.



My favorite rule is #1 Drink a Large Glass of Water Before Every Meal-No Excuses!!

It is soooo important to stay hydrated. But its also sooooo difficult. I sometimes find it easier to make sure I'm getting enough fruits and veggies before I remember to hdrate.


Rule #1 is also the one I probably break the most (except rule 7).
And I'm a runner. 
That doesn't train with water.
Yep, I run all 13 miles sans water.

Its bad I know, but I don't like to carry stuff with me when I'm running. Plus my competitiveness thinks by stopping and drinking, I will not get a Personal Best, or that I am weak.

I've gotta work on this.

The book is also comprised of a Skinny Rules Recipe Chapter and a Skinny Rules Action Plan.
I didn't read, just scanned them.

I give this book 4 out of 5 hearts, strongly leaning towards 5 out of 5. 

Its such a simple read, that has pretty much all the information that I have read up to this point.

I didn't read this book for a way to lose weight, just purely for knowledge.

Are there books you've read just for gaining wisdom? Are you a Bob Harper fan?



 photo mrshurleysig_zpsc691af36.png


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave ♥ LOVE ♥ notes here!