I love juicing!!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!
It's refreshing, delicious, and healthy.
But not always...
Here are some dos and don'ts that I've learned about juicing:
1. Always have an apple around. Apples make everything much more sweeter. It makes those hard to drink green juices much more tolerable.
2. Cuke it up. Adding a cucumber can add more volume to your juice while also providing some beauty to your skin.
3. Kale and Spinach-buy a bunch: both of these greens don't produce much juice. So you really need a lot in order to get a lot. A bunch of kale will typically produce a little less than 2 ounces, but its very concentrated.
4. Beware of the Beet: Beets are amazing for you. Their juices wonderful for your body. Hubby used them as pre-workout drink and could definitely feel a difference. However, I did not have the same experience. Having too many beets too soon can cause vomiting. Be very careful! At most use one beet a week and gradually add more. It's great for your blood. But it also makes your pee red!!
5. Enjoy a 1 to 3 ratio of fruits of veggies. You want to make sure that you aren't using too many fruits in your juices. This ratio is recommended for optimal juice making, but we all know how delicious pinapple, orange, mango juice sounds, but remember it is full of sugar. And because juicing eliminates fiber, the sugar is absorbed immediately into your system.
And above all...ENJOY!!
Have fun and try new things out. You may find your new favorite combo!!