Thursday, June 6, 2013

Book Review: Crazy, Sexy Diet

YOU MUST READ THIS BOOK!!
No seriously you must!!!

Kris Carr is phenomenal!
This book is full of great information, colorful pictures, great recipes, and encouraging words.
It made wanting a colonic fun?! Is that possible.
Kris' has a great story. She found out she had cancer and made a 360 degree turn with her eating and was able to stop her cancer growth.


Her book is solely based on a vegan/vegetarian diet.
I keep running into this concept. 
To eat meat or not.
If I raised my own cattle, I would definitely eat meat.
But she is right when she discusses its issues with digestion.
My favorite thing about her is that she has a 60/40 encouragement of this diet. 
A diet isn't really a quick fix, its a lifestyle change. I like this 60/40 because it allows you some freedom, but she also mentions working toward having an 80/20 goal of this diet.
Looking at my diet, I will say that I am very close with this, maybe 70% following and 30% not.
I've gotta work on eliminating carbs out of the diet. But they are cheap and easy.

I definitely give this book 6 out of 5 hearts. Get it now!!


I've also read the book above and it is filled with lots of quality recipes I am very excited to try out!!

How are you a clean eater?


 photo mrshurleysig_zpsc691af36.png 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave ♥ LOVE ♥ notes here!