Thursday, June 20, 2013

Book Review: The Heavy

WOW!! 
What a book.

If you haven't heard about this woman, she hasn't gain the best reputation in the media.

Media, shemedia...we all know how they blow things out of proportion.

This book hit me like a ton of bricks.
I was convicted on my ease of being that judgey parent.

You know that parent that measures herself against everyone.
That not only feels like she's not doing a great job, but justifies that she is upon seeing another parent.


This story is about a mother who puts her daughter on a diet.
WHAATTT?
a seven-year old on a diet, she must be crazy.

Well I have to admit that I was judging this momma like crazy.

But it's not really my place to judge. Her daughter was diagnosed obese.

This is a very touchy territory, but one that hasn't really been touched upon
What do parents of obese children do?
They are either lazy for allowing their children to 'eat too much,' or looked at as indulging their children too much.

Its really hard!!

But Dara-Lynn summed it up with this comment "Parenting is hard enough without worrying about what others are thinking.




I give this book a 6 out of 6 hearts

Please read this! Its a beautiful story about a mother's love for her daughter.
 photo mrshurleysig_zpsc691af36.png 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave ♥ LOVE ♥ notes here!