Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Attachment Parenting

I finished reading Dr. Sears' Attachment Parenting book. It was really insightful. I felt that it ultimately boils down to parenting true to your heart. No one is able to tell me how to take care of Lilly because we have a special and unique bond. Sure wise words are important and I'm a first time mom so of course I have to listen to my midwives about how to breast feed and general caring for a baby. However, just as I received negative criticism for my choice in a home birth, I know I will eventually receive more negative comments about babying Lilly or spoiling her too much. I have already heard a few unwanted comments. However, I think that it is important to be confident as a new mommy and when negative or unhelpful comments are said, they tend to linger and make me feel not good enough or failing as a momma. 

I'm here to say...

I know my Lilly Mae!

That was not meant to rhyme, but since it does it doesn't come off so negative :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave ♥ LOVE ♥ notes here!