Thursday, January 31, 2013

Our word for this year...

As January arrived, I saw a lot of bloggers writing what their word for this year was going to be. And naturally I wanted to join in.

I saw some great ones,

Love
Trust
Patience

I thought oooh, Fresh Start, Growth, New...

But then I realized I was rushing into this.

I thought I really should pray and look for opportunities: What is God teaching me?

With being a blogger, I find myself constantly on my phone. And being a SAHM doesn't help either.

I was created for connection, but I treasure being able to be with my daughter, so I need to unplug.

I found myself also wanting to do EVERYTHING. What church groups are going on? How many playdates can I attend? What is one more friend?


But at some point you lose it because you can't do it all 100%. Something suffers.

So this year we decided as a family our word would be:


Intention!!

We need to be intentional about the time we spend with each other.

About the friendships we keep.

About the moments we have.

Life is short and we say that often, but do we live like it is?

This has really hit a chord in my beating heart.

I want to be intentional about what I read, see, do, hear, participate in, and so on.

Am I expecting perfection (yes, but I'm working on that too)? No. I need to realize each day is a a gift and I need to spend it well. At the end of the day I want to rest with no regrets.

I am excited about this year.

Do you have a word for this year? Please leave a link so I can read it :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave ♥ LOVE ♥ notes here!