Friday, January 25, 2013

Week 4 Fitness



Well here is another week gone since hitting 2013. I am feeling like I am now in the habit of eating healthy and feeling fit.

But I got hit with a big realization!!

I'm not doing this for anyone, but for myself.

Its fun to show off what you have done and what you accomplished, but I have to take a step back and not let that fuel my healthy lifestyle.

I have never felt better, I have a lot more energy and I'm not feeling like caca after a meal because its not full of butter and grease (the occasional burger never did anyone harm, right:).

It feels good seeing my family eating well and feeling good because of what we are eating and how we are eating.

Eating together as a family is so important. It doesn't always happen, but we try to always sit at the table (starting this year, its never too late).

It helps to have a healthy lifestyle, when everyone is doing it together. Thats why accountability programs like Weight Watchers works. Because you are doing it with someone else.

If you haven't heard it enough, I love My Fitness Pal.

I love encouraging others and seeing their growth and accomplishing so much!

I think my favorite part is that at the end of the day you can see how much protein, vitamin A and C, iron, and calcium you got. I like that because it shows me how I'm eating.

My husband has really been getting excited about eating healthy. The other night he watched Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead, a documentary about the benefits of juicing.

So........ it looks like we are getting a juicer :)

unknown.jpg


Here is my week in fitness. I have been following the Tone It Up girls on their Love Your Body campaign to Valentines Day and also incorporating some extra runs.

Saturday:
Sunday:
Monday: Wild Child Workout,
Tuesday: 8 mile run with Cupid Cardio for the first 4; Love your Body/Love Your Legs/Love your Abs Workout (2x each)
Wednesday: Cocktail Workout; 5 mile run with Date Night Cardio
Thursday: Morning Yoga with Tara Stiles; Booty workout with Jeanette Jenkins
Friday: (planned) Early Morning Run (2-3 miles), yoga or a walk


How is your week in fitness and health going?

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. yay! isn't it so fun, that feeling of doing something good for yourself and just feeling better like for real? because of it? i love that. i had a bit of a binge the past few days but am ready to get back to it this week, (with the exception of my birthday of course ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been putting off getting back into my running (using winter as an excuse) and reading this has really given me a push to get going!

    Kate x
    http://www.kateathome.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave ♥ LOVE ♥ notes here!