Monday, January 20, 2014

Motivational Monday


Happy Birthday Martin Luther King!

Don't you find it funny when one thing after another happens and reminds you to change?!


When I found this quote below I wanted to share how this message of selflessness has been on my mind often. 

What am I doing for others?


I truly believe in community and I think MLK did too. I look at this quote through a Christian perspective, probably similar to the author of this quote, and know how we were created to be a part of something greater. 

Community has proven to help support, thrive, and grow causes of all sorts. Changes don't occur alone, but with support. 


And in those moments of frustration and setbacks, we can't dwell on what could have been. We must have hope, "infinite hope," as MLK says.
There have been countless times where I have metaphorically thrown myself on the ground and acted like a child, when something doesn't go my way. But I'm reminded of the hope of Christ, that all will work out, not as I have planned but as He has. Having hope I believe is difficult. We are so trained to see and believe, to expect results. I guess thats just part of having Faith in someone bigger, knowing you don't have to be perfect, knowing that you are forgiven.

This week I'm going to focus on doing more for others, to listen and not be so quick to speak.



I linked up with





 photo mrshurleysig_zpsc691af36.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave ♥ LOVE ♥ notes here!