Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Recipe: Sweet Potato Chips

Last night I decided to switch from the planned sweet potato fries to sweet potato chips. I will say that I probably needed to cook them longer, but they were very yummy anyway.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ingredients:
4 small sweet potatoes (I think I used yams)
1 TBSP of EVOO
A few good grinds of Himilayan Sea Salt and Pepper
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Preheat oven to 400. Peel sweet potatoes. Slice potatoes so you are creating disk like slices. You can also use a mandolin for this as well. Place sweet potatoes in large Ziploc bag with EVOO, Sat and pepper. Make sure all are coated. Set aside until ready.
When ready, place sweet potatoes in a single layer on a cooking sheet. Place in oven for 30 minutes checking after 20 minutes. 


I place mine in for 25 minutes and although they were cooked, they were quite crispy.

Enjoy!!






 photo mrshurleysig_zpsc691af36.png 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave ♥ LOVE ♥ notes here!