Thursday, July 11, 2013

Book Review: Have Mother, Will Travel

What a phenomenal read. 
Brought me to tears. 
A beautiful memoir of a mother daughter relationship



I guess I've always wanted to be a mommy. To be that woman who bakes cookies for her kids. 
Who runs around with them outside.
Who has the privilege of kissing them goodnight. 

But with that comes heartache and possibly, disappointment. 

I know I've already begun daydreaming about Little miss' future. I think that's only natural. Of who she'll be. Of what will do together. 
But those are dreams, and aren't my own. 
I know I won't be able to make her as I want her, and I actually don't think she'd be that grat b

What I mean is Who Little Miss will become will be greater than I could have imagined it. 


In this book Mia and Claire Fontaine write about their journey through the world and mending broke. Pieces of themselves. 



Their first book Come Back, told of their time through a rough patch of life. 

Have mother, Will Travel is about how mother and daughter learn to accept their mistakes and begin to heal. 

Seriously a beautiful story!!
I think we all crave a better relationship with our mother. 
We blame them for our misfortunes, mistakes, and pain. 
It usually isn't until later in life do we begin to appreciate them for their love and realize how they too are human. 


  I would love to read Come Back, especially as a part of a book club. 

I gave this book 6 out if 5 hearts because its such a wonderful portrayal of what it's like to be a mother and how naive I was a a daughter. 
  

Have you read this book? Are you a fan of memoirs? What's your favorite memoir?


 photo mrshurleysig_zpsc691af36.png 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave ♥ LOVE ♥ notes here!