Thursday, March 21, 2013

Book Review: Skinny Bitch


I've read this book before and this time it only took me a day to read. Its short and definitely to the point. 


The writing is much more harsh (and trucker-like) unlike the last book I read. 

This book is not for the faint at heart. Its for those of us who are motivated by the Jillian's from The Biggest Loser.



It's in your face attitude can definitely offend, so don't read until you are ready.

But I must say, I agree with it.

It preaches a vegan lifestyle because of the treatment of the food we eat, because it is rotting carcass that we put in our mouth (and that is disgusting), and because the treatment of the animals in inhuman.

I'm not a PETA activist and if I had my own farm, I would eat meat and dairy.

But since I don't have my own farm, I'm really really limiting my intake of these products.

Seriously, if you haven't read Fast Food Nation or Slaughterhouse, the images described will make you want to rid your fridge and body of all things dairy and meat.

It's really sad that we live in such a wonderful country full of wonderful veggies and fruits and access to so much and we can't treat our meat right. It's really frustrating.

I don't totally agree with Freedman and Barnouin on the fact that we are not meant to eat meat as humans. I will have to check on that one.

I just believe that meat has vitamins that we need, so we shouldn't count it out.

Anyway, I've decided to only eat meat on the weekends.

We'll see how long this lasts :)

I can't wait to share my next book review....Real Food...I LOVE IT!

 photo mrshurleysig_zpsc691af36.png
Follow Hurley Love on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave ♥ LOVE ♥ notes here!