Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Recipe: Granola


I have been really loving making granola. Its easy and super cheap...well I think it is. I have been finding new things to add into it. Here is a vegan granola recipe!!! I even make my own apple sauce by steaming apples and then pureeing them in the Vitamix. 2 apples yields about a cup.



Ingredients
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup coconut flakes (I like organic unsweetened)
1T cinnamon
2T cocoa
2T Coconut Sugar
1 Cup Applesauce
2T Honey

Optional:
1-2 apples peeled and chopped

Preheat oven to 400
Lightly spray pan with EVOO.
Combine dry ingredients.
Mix in applesauce.
Drizzle about 2 T of honey and stir in.
Mix in any fruit or nuts of choice.
Spread out onto pan.
Every 10-15 minutes, use a wooden spoon to move the granola about so it doesn't burn.


Enjoy alone, with milk, or over some yummy yogurt!
 photo mrshurleysig_zpsc691af36.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave ♥ LOVE ♥ notes here!