Saturday, March 2, 2013

She Shares: On my heart

Last week I finished the Soul Detox by She Reads Truth.

I really love the devotionals on The YouVersion app.

I was never a devotional kind of gal, but I just can't get enough.

This week I've really be learning about how much I complain to God about not getting enough or comparing myself to others.

I've joined A Royal Daughter and doing the #prayerdare

I wanted to share today's prayer because I feel it sums up how I feel.

day two
Jesus, You said that out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks (Matthew 12:34). Please work within my heart so that my mouth speaks only pleasant words that are honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones (Proverbs 16:24). When I am tempted to gossip, remind me that my words might pierce another like a sword because of their recklessness (Proverbs 12:18). Give me a wise tongue for healing instead. #PrayerDare.


Proverbs 16:24 has been everywhere.

It's like a little birdie that keeps whispering these words to me.

I know I need to work on not comparing myself to others and know that no one is expecting perfection out of me.

I need to give this over to God because I hate holding on to things and I feel like I've written these words before.


How do you deal with having sweet words in moments of difficulty?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave ♥ LOVE ♥ notes here!